Become a licensed acupuncturist and professional practitioner of Oriental Medicine!
Whether you’re looking to become a licensed acupuncturist, continue your acupuncture training within a post-graduate academic clinical setting, or aspiring to join one of the best acupuncture and Oriental Medical programs in the country, the Virginia University of Oriental Medicine has what you are looking for. Our graduate programs are taught by some of the most highly trained teachers and licensed practitioners within the field of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, hailing from the top OM programs from across the globe.
Prospective students pursue the Virginia University of Oriental Medicine for these reasons but it’s our culture that gets people to stay: a culture of excellence and a determination to be the best in the world at what we do, coupled with camaraderie and collaboration that makes the entire commitment wonderful to be a part of.
The Virginia University of Oriental Medicine (VUOM) is institutionally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM), Certified to Operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) and certified to offer Title IV Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA).
Benefits and Features of VUOM:
- Classes offered in English, Korean, and Chinese
- Experienced and Qualified Faculty trained from across China, Korea, and the United States
- Flexible Scheduling
- Morning and Evening classes available every day of the week
- Complete the Masters of Science in Acupuncture in as early as 27 months
- Affordable Tuition, Academic Scholarships, and Student Loans through Federal Financial Aid are available
- Assistance with Foreign Transcript Evaluations
- Complimentary Transfer Credit Evaluation for Healthcare practitioners – Chiropractic, Dental, Medical, Osteopathic, Nursing
- Programs designed for successful acquisition of NCCAOM Certifications
- VUOM students have 100% NCCAOM exam passing ratio
- Largest academic Oriental Medical center in the state of Virginia
- MOU with Hong Kong University and Kyunghee University of Korea
Career Opportunities in Acupuncture:
- Licensed acupuncturist (LAc) in private practice, with an integrative clinic or at a hospital
- Chiropractic Center, Orthopedic multidisciplinary medical practice, Rehabilitation Center, Pain Management Center, Skin Care Clinic, Aesthetic Center, Physical Therapy Clinic, Sports Medical Clinic, Wellness Center, Spine and Sports Health Center
- Acupuncturist working in international health
- Writer on TCM topics
- Chinese herbalist
- Sports medicine specialist
- Faculty at acupuncture school or university of natural health arts and sciences